Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thing #9 finding feeds

I prefer bloglines.com's search tool--it's more user friendly than the others listed. Plus, it's one stop shopping for me: I have an account there and using the search tool there doesn't entail having to remember other search tools' URLs--adding them to Favorites isn't a good option, you find yourself get inudated really fast. I've got about 17 feeds added to my reader, including the http://columbusmetropolitanlibrary.wordpress.com/feed/.

but each has its own merit:

Technorati looked very uncluttered, almost bare, but it's good, and it lets you search tags--lump subjects together, great;

Syndic8 looked cluttered but the search box is very easy to locate and the list retrived is easy to have a quite glance and grab what you need;

Topix has all the categories on the homepage which are easy to glance and go right to what interests you.

No comments: